Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Toof Fairy

On Mother's Day weekend Tracen had to get a tooth pulled. Tracen had a pretty bad cavity in it and the dentist cleaned it out and put a silver cap on it- sort of like a mini root canal- a while back when he was in for a check up. Well, apparently the cavity was further down than he realized and some infection had been building up under the cap. Tracen's cheek was swollen and you could tell he just didn't feel good. Poor thing. So we called Dr. Walker- the BEST dentist ever!- and he came in on a saturday when he was supposed to be leaving for vacation to take care of our boy! How awesome is he? Tracen got two doses of novocaine to make sure he was numb before the pulling began. He was the bravest little boy I've ever come across! I had to look away at one point and I don't think he even cried! He got his own Lightning McQueen cup with a snow-globe on the bottom for it too because I felt so bad! Anyway, we all lived, but to top it off, the tooth fairy forgot to come get Tracen's tooth! Luckily he made it while we were at church. (Yes I said he- because the tooth fairy is a he in our house. Kids can't watch a show where the tooth fairy is a he and then expect them to believe you when you try telling them it's a she! Oh the world we live in!) We weren't prepared for the tooth fairy to come so soon. We thought we had some time and would have had it not been for cavities. So to end our Toof Fairy story- all is well until the tooth fairy forgets to come again!



Tracen with his loot once the tooth fairy made it after a busy night! The money was folded into an airplane, but he was too excited to keep it that way. I hope he forgets that it was two dollars because I don't think that will happen every time.

Trying to show where his tooth is now missing. It's on the left (looking at the picture) in the back. We just have to watch for his molars to come in so we can get spacers in there to keep the spot open for his "big boy" teeth.

No comments: