Saturday, January 23, 2010

Start Spreading the News, I'm Leaving Today...

Chad and I had the opportunity to go to New York City; with no kids! It was so much fun. It was the first big city I've been to that really enjoyed and want to go back to. Chad has a friend that lives there and they are like a block or two away from Time Square which is neat. The subways weren't as scary as I had thought they would be. It probably helped that I stopped watching CSI: New York for a while before we left. The subways are way confusing though! Here are a few pictures from our trip. Okay more than a few.

Central Park. It was raining that day which made it a little foggy. It was cool.




Eating dinner at Times Square. It was awesome. We learned that the little pizzarias and little deli shops are the best deals for food and they are good. I would never want to be in Times Square on New Year's Eve though!

The Temple. If you are not paying attention and looking up you can easily miss it.



On our double decker bus tour. The guides would stand up and they were so close the road signs! I was waiting for one of them to hit their head.

On the top of the Empire State building.

The naked singing cowboy. He does really exist and still plays near Times Square.


This is a hard picture to see, but I had to include it. This is a view from the church right by the Twin Towers. You can't see much of where the Towers were becuase there is construction going on to get the memory pools up and running. It is truly a miracle that church is still standing! It became safe haven and place for rescue workers to go when they needed a break.

Just to give you an idea of how big the Towers were- multiply this building by two and that comes close to how tall they both were!

Seeing it first hand (well as much as you can with it blocked off) definatley gave it more meaning for me. Not that I didn't believe it really happened or that I wasn't sad for all the lives lost, but it's totally different when you see it. And I am eternally grateful that I wasn't there and didn't have to live through that or lose a loved one. And my heart goes out to those who did have to be there and those who lost loved ones. Thank You!

No comments: